Todo Backup Home Review - A Handy Tool
As engineers we've been doing backups for years. The problem is we couldn't get any of our non-technical friends and parents to backup. We encouraged them to try some PC backup software, but often it resulted in failure. The programs took too long to setup and asked a bunch of silly questions.
We aim to find the software which makes it easy for home computer users to use as well. The top performer in our review is Todo Backup Home. It is just one of the software offerings that EaseUS makes. The company makes data backup and recovery software for various different platforms.
There are several different options for creating a backup through this program. These include Disk/Partition Backup, File Backup, System Backup, and Smart Backup. You can also clone your hard drive in the event that you have to switch it out for a new one. You can also specify whether you want to recover your files to the original location or a separate recovery location, and whether or not you want to replace existing files.
You can create or restore a PC easily with Todo Backup Home, save it to a variety of sources and even move it to different locations. This software has all of the functionality that advanced users need, but it is accessible enough for casual users to understand, making it a good option for non-professional home use. At just $29 Todo Backup Home is pretty cheap for backup software, but it works well and contains all the features you need.
- Full system protection allows you to easily back up and recover your entire operating system when disaster happens.
- File-level backup allows you to selectively back up specific files, folders or file types, including network shared files.
- Block-level disk imaging backs up the entire disk or volumes fast, especially for disk update.
Outlook Email Backup and Restore
- Back up & recover all crucial emails in Outlook Express or Outlook 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 in time.
Comprehensive Backup Modes
- Full, differential and incremental backup types are your options for data protection.
Scheduling and Reporting
- Conduct backups based on specific events/time and keep control of plans by real-time reports, logs or email note.
Backup Storage Devices
- Able to store backups to hard drive, external device, tape, FTP server, network shared location, NAS, DVD, etc.
Pre-OS Recovery Environment
- If operating system fails to start, select Todo Backup from boot menu to launch Pre-OS and then recover your system.
Migration and Clone
- Safely migrate system to SSD or a bigger HDD for disk replacement or update.
Browse Image Files
- Browse backups in Windows Explorer and simply copy or paste files/folders.
- Manage all backup jobs and automatically delete out-of-date backup images to save storage space.
Compatible with GPT/UEFI
- Create a WinPE-based bootable media for 64-bit Windows system resided on GPT to start up PC recovery from it.
Support for Latest HDD Standard
- Solid support for advanced format drive, up to 16TB and non-512 byte sector size drive.
- Support backup to popular cloud storage, like OneDrive, Google Drive and Dropbox.
Supported Operating Systems
|Windows 8 32 bit and 64 bit Edition|
|Windows 7 SP1|
|Windows 7 32 bit and 64 bit Edition|
|Windows Vista 32 bit and 64 bit Edition|
|Windows XP Home Edition and Professional 32 bit and 64 bit Edition|
Supported Device Types
|Parallel ATA (IDE) HDD|
|Serial ATA (SATA) HDD|
|External SATA (eSATA) HDD|
|All levels of SCSI, IDE and SATA RAID controllers|
|Full support of RAIDed configurations (hardware RAIDs)|
|IEEE 1394 (FireWire) HDD|
|USB 1.0/2.0/3.0 HDD|
|Parallel ATA (IDE) HDD|
|Support large hard disk (MBR and GPT hard disk, support up to 4TB hard disk and 32 disks at most.)|
"Todo Backup Home is just such a backup and restore utility. Like any good backup tool, it will back up your entire system's current state, data, settings and all, or just what you want it to, including partitions or full disks, and restore your computer in the event of a hard-disk crash or other calamity. Its Disk Cloning feature will help you migrate your operating system and data to a new hard disk when it's time to replace the old one. "
– From Connie Turrentine
by Luke | 2016-03-07
Tried ToDo Home when my 120gb ssd started struggling (full) I cloned it onto a 240gb ssd; the cloning process was super easy and worked straight up! Well done guys, great software.
by Hal K | 2016-06-20
I downloaded EaseUS Todo Backup Free to help my son switch from a small ssd to a larger one. The process was simple and in about 30 minutes he was up and running again.
Our technology editors find and test device use tips and software tools, compare and recommend the best.
100% Secure & Clean
All the free software and paid software listed by us are reliable. No Virus, No Spyware, No Ads.
We value your privacy and protect your financial and personal data with full encryption and advanced fraud protection.
We want to help people, especially novice user to enjoy digital life on their computer, smartphone, tablet, or other devices through the right tips and most easy-to-use, effective, secure software without taking risks and wasting time to search and compare.